Here are the healthy foods I like and a few recipes:
Sassy Oriental Chicken
Here is a quick and easy chicken recipe. An original from yours truly.
- 2-3 Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts,
- 2-3 TBsp Olive Oil,
- 1/3 Pint Lemon Juice (Real-Lemon or fresh squeezed),
- 1/3 Pint Lime Juice (Real-Lime or fresh squeezed),
- 1/3 Pint Soy Sauce (or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos substitute),
Brown/sear the chicken breasts in really hot skillet, with olive oil.
Reduce heat to 2-3 on electric range (low to medium heat on gas).
Combine liquid ingredients in a pint jar/glass.
Pour over chicken and reduce, to a froth (when almost gone [reduced] will boil as a froth) about 10 minutes.
Turn chicken and add 1 pint water and reduce again.
Can eat plain, but this really tart chicken is best as a garnish on salads and such.
Use for Pizza toppings, Quesadillas, Salad Toppings, etc.
Comment back on a new use you found for this Chicken!
Garlic Bread Pizza Crust
This is a tasty but healthy whole wheat pizza dough recipe. An original from yours truly.
- 4 cups Whole Wheat flour,
- 2-1/4 TBsp Rapid Rise Yeast (1 Package),
- 1 tsp salt,
- 1 tsp Raw Sugar or Honey,
- 2-1/2 to 4 TBsp Garlic powder (or 3-4 cloves fresh pressed/chopped garlic. Adjust to your taste of garlic strength),
- 2 TBsp Olive Oil,
- 1-1/2 TBsp Butter,
- 1 cup warm water,
- 3/4 cup milk,
- 2 TBsp Italian Seasoning,
- 1 tsp Oregano,
- 1 tsp Basil,
- Pour all dry ingredients into the bread-maker mixing bowl,
- Place olive oil and butter in small cup and microwave for 45 seconds,
- Pour water into measuring cup, to the 1 cup mark, add milk to the 1-3/4 cup mark, put in microwave for 1-1/2 minutes to warm,
- Add liquid ingredients to bread-maker mixing bowl,
- Start breadmaker on Whole Wheat Dough, Large setting, 2-2.1 hours depending on the machine,
After dough finishes, top with your favorite sauce, cheese and meats and bake for 10-18 minutes at 325 in oven.